Monday, May 25, 2009

There's No Place Like Home



I'm home!!! It has been almost 6 months since I left for Nashville to pursue an internship at Vanderbilt - and now I'm back. It feels so good to be home, although I miss TN a lot! I really grew to love that city - I loved being near close family and friends that I had been away from for so long. I owe them all so much - they were so instrumental in getting me through. It was such a difficult time in so many ways, and I thank the Lord for the support I had from my friends and family from home and in TN. I miss Grace Chapel - my church for 5 months! What an absolute blessing that church was to me. It was such a great church that helped me grow in some difficult times, and I loved going with the TN Krikacs! And of course I miss the hospital where I lived, I mean, worked! :)  I had so many great experiences there and learned a TON! So many children and families are forever written on my heart. 

It is so great to be home! I missed so much about CA - the beach, the traffic, (just kidding), and most importantly my friends and family back home. I've seriously lived under a rock these past 6 months. It feels so good to be home and surrounded with family and friends that I have missed terribly. My internship required a lot of hours and emotion, and I have felt depleted in many ways. It feels so good to slowly start to feel fueled up again and recharged. I am so blessed with supportive people in my life no matter what geographic location I'm in...

So Toto, although we are not in Nashville anymore, we are back home! And in the words of dear Dorothy ~ 

"Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!" 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so very proud of our Chlo! You did it Honey! You Mastered it! We are very happy to have you home! Tigs is a happy kitty too! Enjoy your rest! Hawaii is just around the corner! Love you!!!

Love your blog! Keep it going!! The backround and the picture of Dorothy is adorable!

Love mom

Ashlyn Carter said...

Love you chlo!SO happy to have you home! No more leaving like that! xoxo

Karen Carter said...

YEAH!!! I just saw your new post!!
Welcome home to the one who shares so much of my heart! We missed you more than you know. Life is once again the way it should be. And yes a BIG thanks to the Tn Krikacs for lovin on you so much! Hugs Thia~