Friday, August 21, 2009

Smile...


Just some thoughts and a few highlights that have made me smile this week!



1.) Rice Krispy Treats:
OK, I know what you're thinking - "Chloe, what are you, 12?" But I had to share my new found love for these delightful treats. I've been making them a lot lately, and thanks to my wonderful Mom's recipe, they are sooo yummy. So what's the secret? Add peanut butter. Just add it to the marshmallow before you add the rice krispy cereal. Oooo, and put a square into the microwave for about 20 seconds right before you eat it, to make it extra warm and gooey! Who knew that something so simple could taste so amazing? Try it and let me know what you think!


2.) SHARK TANK:
One of my new favorite shows! It's on Sunday nights, and it's delightfully entertaining. Five self-made millionaire tycoons invest their own money into people's ideas/companies. These people have 90 seconds to make their pitch to "the sharks" and you should see what these people come up with! Some of them are really great businesses in which the sharks fight over to invest in, and others are just plain entertaining! :)


3.) Legally Blonde - The Musical:
The movie was so great, and the musical is now in LA! Yesterday, my Mom and I made our pilgrimage up to the Pantages theatre in Hollywood to see it, and it was very, very good! Incredibly entertaining, great music, and really witty and genuinely funny while successfully sticking to the story line of the movie. And a special hint for students: you can get them for $25 with a student ID! It was a great deal for a fun night!


4.) Sweepstakes:
I already know that I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this one, but it's actually kind of fun! I've been entering into some fun sweepstakes (everything from big to small prizes like vacations etc.) Who knows if I'll ever win anything, but it sure is fun to try with some spare time!


2 comments:

Karen Carter said...

I am going to SMILE cause my precious niece has a new blog post! I loved your list and concur with most. Shark Tank is the BEST! sweepstakes are just plain fun, and I can hardly wait to try one of your treats. Keep writing! It makes my day..xoxo Thia

Unknown said...

Yea Chlo! I have been waiting for your new post! Love the picture of the kitty cat! I love shark tank too! It so fun to see what people come up with! Yes I know that dad and i give you alot of flack about your "Sweeping" but we have become a little worried! We are so happy your new Job at CHOC starts tomorrow!

Just kidding!
You are going to win something bigger then a can of tuna!
Love mom xoxo