Monday, June 15, 2009

Tales from the Recycling Center



Well, it was about that time... today I made the trek to the Recycling Center to cash in my cans and bottles. I present to you this issue of Tales from the Recycling Center. Now friends, I learned something today --- a little nugget that might make your trips to the Recycling Center more convenient and perhaps more fruitful... I present to you the SHOPPING CART. 

I chose to share this nugget of wisdom with you today, because the gentleman above in this photo was one of THREE people there utilizing this method. Who knew that this method of transportation could be so effective? Perhaps there is something to it. 

Now friends, this post is not only meant to educate, but to warn. I come to you with a contrite heart to share with you the dangers of this means of can and bottle transportation. I was standing in line, minding my own business, day dreaming of anywhere but here, and I suddenly must jump out of the way to avoid a catastrophe... a burst of wind had caught one of the shopping carts and was uncontrollable. Heading into traffic on the other side, I leave my bags (which is of course a huge theft risk at the Recycling Center) and proceed to chase down the cart. I catch it before it hits oncoming traffic and return it to the rightful owner - no, not Ralph's but the man who was borrowing it for the aforementioned means of transportation. We both have a laugh at the "runaway cart" and I did my good deed for the day. There is a true sense of camaraderie amongst those at the Recycling Center - the "Can Code" if you will. 

Well, friends, this concludes this issue of Tales from the Recycling Center. I came away enlightened and $10.15 richer. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse... and be truly entertained. 

Until next time! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

NEW MEANING OF WHITE TRASH CHLO! I JUST CRACKED UP HONEY! I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR BRAVING THE RECYCLE CENTER!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU WILL MEET! YOUR PRINCE CHARMING?

LOVE ME

Karen Carter said...

Oh good Lord, enough is enough. We need people to do this stuff for us. OI died laughing at "Can Code" Trucker Dave lives on! You need to spend the 10 dollars on anti bacterial and a car wash. But Al gore is proud!! And I am too