Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life's Simple Pleasures


Don't you just love life's little pleasures? Often I think that it is a combination of several small, simple things that make your day. This is one of the reasons why I love the holiday season because this is a time that we often notice these treasures. Here is one of mine: the red cups at Starbucks! Each November, we are greeted by a sea of red in our neighborhood Starbucks, and every time I enter the store and see it, it brings a smile to my face. Not only do these cups hold yummy drinks like pumpkin spice lattes, and peppermint mochas, but they bring a feeling of festivity into my soul. As finals are rapidly approaching, and the end of the semester is in sight, I have been studying for exams, writing papers and working on projects... and I have found solace sitting in Starbucks, in my own little corner sipping on my favorite holiday beverages. I love the hustle and bustle of people coming in and out, laughter, good music, and the smell of cookies, baked goods and spice! 

I love Christmastime, and although I am not quite ready for Christmas music, and to haul out the holly, the red cups offer an entry into the wonderful world of winter. Welcome red cups, welcome winter, now let's bring on the cold weather! :) 

4 comments:

Ashlyn Carter said...

oohhh I SO agree. Love Christmas red cups at Starbucks for sure!!! Delicious and most certainly left happy. :) Love you!

Unknown said...

Haul out the Holly is right! It's about time! Those red cups mean that Christmas (and Nashville!) are near.

:)

Love you!

Karen Carter said...

Such a fun post! I am on my way to the closest one now. I love you and agree it is way too early for Christmas decor, but red cups and blog backgrounds are fine! (see my new one) I love love love you Thia

Casey said...

Had to drop by and leave a little something something... just had a peppermint mocha with your Thia at SB's! Love it!! Try their Hot caramel apple cider sometime. Yum!! TDF! See you Tuesday at you new BF's place (Bonnie's)!