Monday, November 3, 2008

Bonnie and Me



I met Bonnie. I met Bonnie. I met Bonnie. This is the very sentence that I had to keep repeating to myself over and over again last week, and pinching myself to make sure that it was real, and not just another dream. 

Last week, my dear Thia Karen, two of her sweet fun friends and I attended another taping of The Bonnie Hunt Show... but this time, we were VIP guests! We didn't have to wait in line and got to wear those fun passes around our necks and feel like we were really somebody. To our pleasant surprise, Bonnie was coming outside to the audience that day where we wait to get in before the show to do a little pre-show audience taping and talk with some of the audience members about the upcoming election. So naturally I was thinking... Me + Bonnie + talking about things I'm passionate about = Sheer excitement. We were all very elated... especially Karen and I and I'm sure that I definitely scared her sweet friends with my crazy antics. (When Karen and I started talking about the fact that we know that Bonnie dyes her hair from a box from Walgreens, that was our first indication that we may have crossed the line.) 

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of how this all went down, but here's the bottom line, blog buddies. I met Bonnie. I met Bonnie Hunt. We're not talking a little handshake... she interviewed me on camera, and we had a really fun chat! She put her arm around me, we talked about our hair, she called me 'honey,' we laughed (I mean we might as well just call it a slumber party right?) We also chatted about the election, but don't worry friends, I made sure to make a few jokes in there in addition to talking about my views on things! We laughed together, and I think it's safe to say that it was one of the very best moments. Meeting Bonnie has been on my list of things to do before I die that has been written on my heart for years! Well, actually "lunch with Bonnie" was the thing that is specifically on my list... next time Bonnie (even if it's just a Chicago hot dog before your show!) :) 

So friends, I apologize that it's taken me a week to blog about this marking event, but sadly, it's taken me almost that long to get over it! In times like these however, I can always count on good friends to keep me in check. When I texted Mel to tell her that I met Bonnie, she responded with this message: 

"Oh Clo, please tell me that you were at a taping, and not outside of her house." 

Maybe one day Bonnie will invite me over for coffee, but I would never go uninvited - a girl's gotta have her standards. But I will leave you with my new idea for her next season --- "The Bon and Clo Show" It has a nice ring to it don't you think???? 

2 comments:

Casey said...

I love the idea of " The Bon and Clo Show"! I had so much fun with you and your Thia that day! Now that you, your aunt and Bonnie are all BFF's, I don't think she'd mind you "waiting" for her outside her home or even her dressing room! Next time we'll be the "P's" instead of the "VIP's", which means we'll probably "do" lunch with Bonnie and Don, right?

Unknown said...

Clo . . . you crack me up. I am chuckling out loud right now.

Can't wait to see you! :)