Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2008 Olympics






Okay, so I'm not ashamed to say that I am completely addicted to the Olympics! There is something so amazing about watching our country compete in the greatest sports competition of all time. The Olympics just seem to bring people together too, and I absolutely love that. For two weeks everybody just seems to forget what they are fighting over and sit down and cheer for their country. Whenever the US takes the gold (whether it's in fencing or gymnastics) and I hear our national anthem play, it gives me goosebumps and chills. I absolutely loved watching Michael Phelps crush world record after world record, and Nastia Liuken, and Shawn Johnson take gold and silver in the women's all around gymnastics. I love watching all of the Olympics, but there is something so amazing about watching volleyball! I was glued to the TV today watching the US Men's team beat Serbia in the most exciting game yet! However, two of my heroes have yet to play for the gold... Kerri Walsh and Misty May! You can do it girls, I have complete faith in you! Until then, I'll be glued to the TV! So, here's to a couple more days of US glory and... for these two weeks every four years, I am especially proud to be an American. 

2 comments:

Karen Carter said...

I agree it has been amazing to watch! I feel such pride for our players and country.I get a litle embarrassed because more than once I have just cried wtih so much joy for them. Just so touching!! Love and Jdore you...Thia (and for the record my abs look eerily similiar to hers dont you think?

Unknown said...

Love your American spirit Chlo- I agree with you about forgetting about our cares and getting engulfed with our fellow Americans!
Love you Chlo and you word your feelings and vision so perfectly!!

Love your momala