Monday, August 11, 2008

Les Mis at The Hollywood Bowl




This Saturday, I had the privilege of seeing Les Mis in concert at the Hollywood Bowl with my dear friend Mel! It was such a fun night, and it was really neat to be at the Hollywood Bowl. This is such a landmark in our city, and it was just so much fun to be there. Nestled in the Hollywood hills, The Bowl is just so "old hollywood" and there is so much history in that place. One of the best things about it is the fact that you can bring in any kind of food or drink that you want, so we brought in a picnic! We got there early so we could have dinner before the show. It was so cute to see how people do picnics, some went all out with candles and everything! It's also such a great place to people watch, which I love! There were some characters sitting around us which kept us laughing for sure. We had good food, good wine and great company! 

It was so neat to hear the music of Les Mis coupled with the LA Philharmonic. I had never seen the LA Phil before and it was so neat to put their amazing talent with the power of the music from the best musical of our time. I found myself closing my eyes at certain points of the show and just listening to the music. This musical is so incredibly powerful, and it was so great to be reminded of why I love it so much. Every time I listen to the music whether its on stage, or in my CD player, I learn something new. Les Mis is perhaps the only theatre performance that has ever affected me to my absolute core. The play itself is far more than entertainment, it's an experience. I find myself thinking about it for days after, and I think that is a tell tale sign of its power. I think everyone should see the musical at least once in their lives for the amazing life lessons that we take from it. I hope to see it again and again, and until then I'll get the music any way I can! 


1 comment:

Karen Carter said...

LOVED reading baout your wonderful magical night. We need to go too!
Oodles of love Thia Sophia~