Monday, September 8, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom



Well, I must say that today was a day of good, and very timely I might add, advice! One of my favorite actresses, Bonnie Hunt, has a new talk show, and needless to say I tuned in to watch her first episode this afternoon. It's a cute show with an "old hollywood, Dean Martin" feel to it which I love. It was great, and her first guest (aside from Robin Williams) was her little 8 year old niece, who inspired her theme and intro for the show. Bonnie was talking to her about school and the advice that she had given her since she was a little girl. Bonnie looked right into the camera and says (in her midwestern charm of course)...

"Honey, you don't need no homework... you got talent." 

This wonderful advice, not only had me laughing, but it cut right to the heart! After all of these nights cramming for exams, finishing projects and applications, I thought YES! Bonnie is right, I don't need no homework, I've got talent! :) I love this. 

It also reminded me of the wonderful, and hysterical I might add, advice that my dear Thia has reminded me of lately... "It doesn't matter if one person doesn't like us, because there are a hundred more that do!!!"  :) 

Thanks Thia, and thanks Bonnie. Fun pearls of wisdom that I will treasure always! 

1 comment:

Karen Carter said...

Yeah! a new blog from my favorite writer. And how cute was this one.I just set my DVR to tape her show. I LOVE her! very funny stuff girl. Love you tons Thia